Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
The addition of pancetta lends a wonderful smoky flavor to crisp-tender brussels sprouts, giving them mass appeal.Mandy Rivers, Lexington, South Carolina
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces sliced pancetta, chopped
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until slightly
- crisp. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the broth, salt and pepper stirring to loosen browned bits from
- pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10
- minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 128 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat.