Brussels Sprouts Salad
My husband and I like brussels sprouts, so I'm always looking for new ways to use them. I most often serve this colorful salad with roast pork or duck.
Nancy Korondan, Yorkville, Illinois
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large bunch red leaf lettuce or radicchio, torn
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add brussels sprouts. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until
- tender. Drain; rinse with cold water and pat dry. Place sprouts and
- onions in a bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, thyme and
- pepper. Toss lettuce with 2 tablespoons of dressing; place in a
- large shallow serving bowl. Pour remaining dressing over brussels
- sprouts and toss to coat; mound on lettuce. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 175 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 195 mg sodium,