Brunch Egg Casserole
There aren't many foods that do a better job of combining two meals - in this case, breakfast and lunch - than cheese and eggs. This dish satisfies a mouthful of taste buds and both hearty and light eaters.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cups unseasoned croutons
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place croutons and cheese in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Combine the eggs, milk and seasonings; pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.