Brunch Egg Burritos
“This recipe is a family favorite, and has been for years,” Jenny Flake of Gilbert, Arizona writes. “Besides being delicious, the best part about these burritos is that that they're so quick and easy to prepare!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 drops Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 12 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes in 2 tablespoons butter over medium
- heat for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, chilies, seasonings
- and hot sauce. In another large skillet, heat remaining butter until
- hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are
- completely set.
- Layer 1/3 cup potatoes, about 1/2 cup egg mixture, 1/4 cup bacon, 1/2
- cup cheese and 1/4 cup salsa off center on each tortilla. Fold sides
- and ends over filling and roll up. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings.