Chocolate chips and a convenient brownie mix provide the rich chocolate flavor in these sweet cookies from Ellen Govertsen of Wheaton, Illinois. Rolling the dough in powdered sugar gives them their inviting crackled appearance.
27 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-in. x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the brownie mix, flour, egg, water and oil
- until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish. Drop dough by
- tablespoonfuls into sugar; roll to coat. Place 2 in. apart on
- greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until
- set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 2 cookies equals 154 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.