- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add
- to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat well. Stir in
- chocolate chips. Pour into a greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in.
- round baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool
- Meanwhile, for filling, combine brown sugar and flour in a small
- saucepan; stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes
- or until thickened. Remove from the hear; stir in nuts, butter and
- vanilla; cool completely.
- Cut cake widthwise in half. Place one layer on a serving plate.
- Spread with filling; top with other layer. In a microwave or small
- saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter with corn syrup, stirring
- until smooth. Cool slightly and drizzle over top of cake. Yield: 4-6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 494 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.