- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top
- appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a
- serving plate.
- For toffee, line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; grease the
- foil with 1 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle pecans into prepared pan; set
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, bring brown sugar and
- remaining butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Cover and cook for
- 2 minutes. Cook and stir with a clean spoon until a candy
- thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Immediately pour into
- prepared pan. Sprinkle with chips; spread with a knife when melted.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until set.
- Frost cake with whipped topping. Finely chop half of the toffee;
- press onto cake. Serve with remaining toffee if desired. Store
- leftover toffee in an airtight container. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice (calculated without additional toffee) equals 349 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.