Brown Rice Veggie Stir-Fry
"My husband and I first tasted this colorful combination while visiting my sister in Grants Pass, Oregon," notes Maxine Driver of Littleton, Colorado. "We enjoyed it so much that now I often make it for family and friends."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a large skillet or wok, combine the water, soy sauce and oil. Add
- the zucchini, cabbage, mushrooms and onion; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes
- or until crisp-tender. Add the rice, tomato and carrot; stir-fry for
- 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: One 1-1/2-cup serving (prepared without almonds) equals 263 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 627 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein.