Brown Rice Slaw
It's simple to put a refreshing salad on the menu when you follow this rapid recipe from Mary McGeorge of Little Rock, Arkansas. Brown rice, coleslaw mix, apples and nuts make an appealing combination when coated with a sweet orange dressing.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, rice and apple. In a small
- bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, mayonnaise, sugar and
- salt; pour over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Stir in pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving equals 109 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.