Brown Rice Bake
Nancy Foust of Stoneboro, Pennsylvania needs just four ingredients and a few minutes to assemble this side dish that's pleasantly priced at 55 cents a serving.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased
- 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 247 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.