Broiled Shrimp Canapes
The crisp toast contrasts nicely with the mild-flavored shrimp topping in these savory snacks. Save time by assembling the topping the day before.Jeff Johnston, Janesville, Wisconsin
40 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 slices day-old white bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- Using a 1-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out four circles from each
- slice of bread. Place on a baking sheet. Combine butter and thyme;
- brush over bread circles. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until
- lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, cheese, bread crumbs and
- mayonnaise (mixture will be dry and crumbly). Place 2 teaspoonfuls
- on each bread circle; press down gently. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat
- for 2-3 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 40
Nutrition Facts: 1 canape equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.