Broiled Pineapple Dessert
Broiled Pineapple Dessert is a sweet and tangy treat that looks impressive but is very little fuss, assures field editor Karen Owen of Rising Sun, Indiana.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 pineapple slices
- 8 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices pound cake
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Ground cinnamon
- Place pineapple slices on a broiler pan. Top each with 2 teaspoons
- brown sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 3-5 minutes or until the sugar is bubbly. Place each slice on a
- piece of pound cake; top with ice cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.