Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes
I love to make this recipe when tomatoes are at their peakthe tomatoes almost melt in your mouth.Joylyn Trickel
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice tomatoes in half. Using a small spoon, remove seeds. Place
- tomato halves on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Combine
- the oil, garlic and pepper. Brush over tomatoes. Sprinkle with
- Broil about 6 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle
- over tomatoes. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until crumbs are lightly
- browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One tomato half equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.