Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes
Serving steak or tenderloin tonight? Here’s the ideal accompaniment. “It’s a winner every time and so simple to double for guests.” —Mary Price, Youngstown, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan; dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 4-6 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining
- butter and onions. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or
- until onions are tender. Stir in the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese,
- salt and garlic powder; spoon over tomatoes. Sprinkle with Swiss
- cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 tomato half equals 220 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.