Broiled Halibut Steaks with Raspberry Sauce
“This elegant and delicious entree is so easy to prepare. Salmon can be used instead of halibut, and blackberry jam in place of raspberry. It’s outstanding!” Allene Bary-Cooper - Wichita Falls, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Fresh raspberries and lemon wedges, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter; stir in the garlic powder,
- salt and pepper.
- Broil halibut 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with
- butter mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, heat the jam, onions and mustard
- until jam is melted; stir until blended. Serve with fish. Garnish
- with raspberries and lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 halibut steak with 3 tablespoons sauce (calculated without raspberries and lemon) equals 443 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium,