Broiled Halibut Steaks with Raspberry Sauce for 2
“This elegant and delicious entree is so easy to prepare. Salmon can be used instead of halibut, and blackberry jam in place of raspberry. It’s outstanding!” Allene Bary-Cooper - Wichita Falls, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Fresh raspberries and lemon wedges, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter; stir in the garlic powder,
- salt and pepper.
- Broil halibut 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with
- butter mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, heat the jam, onion and mustard
- until jam is melted, stirring once. Serve with fish. Garnish with
- raspberries and lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 427 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium,