“Here's a dressed-up way to prepare a breakfast classic," says Tonda. "The warm sweetness of brown sugar contrasts with the cool, sharp grapefruit taste. It's fabulous served hot and bubbly.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut grapefruit in half horizontally; with a sharp knife, cut around
- each section to loosen fruit. Place on a baking sheet.
- Top each with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Combine the sugar substitute,
- brown sugar blend and cinnamon; sprinkle over grapefruit. Broil 4
- in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until topping is bubbly. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 grapefruit half equals 62 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.