Broiled Fruit Dessert
From Glendale, Wisconsin, Jim Gales shares this yummy dessert. Served with whipped cream, it’s a quick, guilt-free treat.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium peach
- 1 medium fresh nectarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Halve and pit the peach and nectarine. Line a shallow baking dish
- with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Place fruit cut side down
- in prepared dish.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes; turn fruit over and sprinkle
- with brown sugar. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until sugar is melted
- and bubbly. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without whipped cream or ice cream) equals 80 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.