This is the easiest and tastiest fish you'll serve. Even finicky eaters who think they don't like fish will love it because it lacks a fishy taste and is beautiful and flakey. —Kim Russell, North Wales, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder, curry powder, paprika and pepper
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the dressing, sugar and
- seasonings. Add the fish; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for
- 10-30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade; place fillets on a broiler pan coated
- with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Place 1 teaspoon butter on
- each fillet; let stand until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cod fillet equals 170 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.