Broccoli with Walnuts and Cherries
“Power foods—broccoli, walnuts and cherries—star in this delicious, easy recipe.” Joan Ranzini - Waynesboro, Virginia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut into florets (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or
- until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray,
- saute walnuts and garlic in oil until garlic is tender. Stir in the
- cherries, salt, pepper flakes and broccoli; toss to coat. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 140 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.