Broccoli with Tangy Horseradish Sauce
A milk horseradish sauce is all you need to dress up tender broccoli spears. Try the topping on a variety of cooked veggies.
Janet Allen, Belleville, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth; cook
- and stir for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from the heat;
- whisk in the sour cream, parsley and horseradish. Gradually whisk in
- lemon juice. Serve with broccoli. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/4 cups
Nutrition Facts: 3 tablespoons equals 191 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.