Broccoli with Orange Sauce
If you like oranges, you'll enjoy this citrusy sauce I adopted when looking for more interesting way to serve broccoli. It's also nice as a dipping sauce for pork chops and chicken. Estelle Hardin of Kanab, Utah
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen broccoli spears
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- Place broccoli and a small amount of water in a saucepan; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar,
- cornstarch and bouillon. Stir in water, orange juice and peel until
- blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until
- Drain broccoli and place in a serving bowl. Garnish with orange
- slices and drizzle with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 54 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.