Broccoli with Mustard Sauce
My granny came up with the recipe for my broccoli side dish as a tricky way to get us kids to eat our greens. Our daughter Zion likes the thick mustard sauce so much, she's willing to dip all kinds of vegetables in it.Tanya McKay, Wells, Nevada
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of
- water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise,
- mustard and pickle juice. Serve over broccoli. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 223 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.