Broccoli with Asiago
“This is one of the best (and most simple) ways I’ve found to serve broccoli. It’s also good with Parmesan if you don’t have the Asiago cheese.” cjintexas - Tasteofhome.com Community
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shaved Asiago cheese
- Place broccoli in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until broccoli is
- tender. Drain well. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the
- broccoli, salt and pepper. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 213 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.