Broccoli in Herbed Butter
This economical side dish dresses up a plain vegetable to make it extra special for your family.Norma Apel, Dubuque, Iowa
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried thyme, marjoram and savory
- Cook broccoli until crisp-tender. Melt butter; add lemon juice,
- onion, salt and herbs. Drain broccoli and place in a serving dish.
- Add butter mixture; stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with margarine and without salt) equals 51 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable.