Broccoli Turkey Pie
Leftover turkey becomes a tasty weeknight meal with just 10 minutes of prep. The whole family will love this comforting casserole and its golden Parmesan cheese topping. —Pippa Milburn, Dover, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate, layer the turkey, broccoli
- and cheddar cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, biscuit
- mix, salt, pepper and thyme. Pour over filling. In a small bowl,
- combine Parmesan cheese and garlic powder; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 293 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.