Broccoli Tortellini Salad
"After tasting this wonderful side dish at a potluck, I had to have more, so I experimented with lightening it up," Tiffany Anderson-Taylor explains from Gulfport, Florida. "It ended up tasting as good as the original."
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 5 slices Wright® Brand Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- In a large saucepan, cook broccoli in 6 cups boiling water for 2
- minutes. Drain and immediately rinse in cold water. In the same pan,
- cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in
- cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, tortellini, onion and raisins.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sugar substitute and vinegar; pour over
- salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before
- serving, stir in bacon and sunflower kernels. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 217 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,