Broccoli Tomato Salad
I found this recipe over 25 years ago. I made a few changes to it and our family has enjoyed it ever since. The colorful combination is perfect for the holidays, but it's equally nice at a summer picnic.
Helen Meadows of Trout Creek, Montana
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and
- microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender,
- stirring once; drain. Cool completely.
- Place broccoli in a serving bowl; gently stir in tomatoes and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice,
- salt and pepper; pour over vegetables and stir gently. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 49 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.