"My husband isn't big on seafood, but he dives into this dish," notes Edna Lee of Greeley, Colorado. "Lemon enhances the mild-tasting sole, and the broccoli and cheese stuffing makes this fish special enough for company."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 sole or whitefish fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper. In
- another bowl, combine the broccoli, rice, cheese and half of the
- butter mixture.
- Spoon 1/2 cup onto each fillet. Roll up and place seam side down in a
- baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining butter mixture
- over roll-ups.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Baste with pan drippings; sprinkle with paprika.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 stuffed fillet) equals 190 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.