I clipped this recipe out of a newspaper years ago and it's since become a family favorite. I like to serve it with fresh fruit and warm homemade bread.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 7 minutes or
- until juices run clear; remove and set aside. In the same skillet,
- stir-fry onion until tender. Add broccoli, green pepper and garlic;
- stir-fry until tender. In a small bowl, combine remaining
- ingredients until smooth; pour over vegetable mixture. Add chicken;
- bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until sauce is
- thickened and bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with low-sodium soy sauce) equals 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1 fat; also, 276 calories, 488 mg sodium, 79 mg cholesterol, 14 gm carbohydrate, 30 gm protein, 12 gm fat.