Broccoli Side Dish
With just a few ingredients, this makes a special side that kids of all ages would enjoy. A touch of brown sugar makes it a great dish for parents trying to get the kids to eat more veggies!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Place broccoli in a large microwave-safe bowl. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; pour over broccoli. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4
- minutes or until tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 88 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.