Broccoli Potato Supreme
My family insists that this two-in-one casserole makes an appearance at all of our special meals. Every bite is doubly delicious!
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 4-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Fold in half of the onions. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides
- of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, forming a shell. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly
- Cook broccoli in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain.
- Place in the potato shell. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining
- onions. Bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 276 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 605 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.