Broccoli Noodle Side Dish
Broccoli Noodle Side Dish is colorful and satisfying, relates Louise Saluti of East Sandwich, Massachusetts.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in skillet,
- saute minced garlic in oil until tender. Add broccoli; saute for 4
- minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the mushrooms, thyme, pepper and
- salt if desired; saute for 2-3 minutes. Drain the noodles and add to
- the broccoli mixture. Stir gently over low heat until heated
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without salt) equals 188 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.