Broccoli Corn Bread
This moist bread with a sweet corn flavor can be served as a side dish with any meaty entree. The broccoli and cottage cheese combination is delicious.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mixes. In another bowl, beat
- eggs, cottage cheese and butter. Stir into corn bread mixes just
- until moistened. Fold in broccoli and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 196 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.