- chicken, mushrooms, water chestnuts and broccoli.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in the flour,
- seasoned salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add broth and
- cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the
- pan; cook and stir until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back
- of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and
- Pour 3 cups sauce over the large casserole and remaining sauce over
- the small casserole; sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.