Broccoli Cheese Tortellini
“When we lived in Seattle, my favorite restaurant served a wonderful dish I ordered every time I ate there. When we moved away, I came up with this to satisfy my craving.” Darlene Brenden - Salem, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook cream and broccoli, uncovered, over
- medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Stir 2 cups cheese and pepper into broccoli mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is
- thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain tortellini; add to sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- parsley and remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 678 calories, 46 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.