Broccoli Cheese Soup
Frozen broccoli-cheese sauce makes this hearty soup a speedy addition to a lunchtime or evening meal. It's a great way to use up leftover rice. This recipe can easily be doubled, too. —Laura Mihalenko-DeVoe, Charlotte, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli and cheese sauce, thawed
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth
- and broccoli with sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 4 minutes.
- Add rice and cream. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through
- and broccoli is tender (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-sodium broth) equals 268 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 829 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.