Broccoli Cheese Soup
“My husband is diabetic, and I’m watching my weight. This soup fits our diets perfectly,” writes Carol Colvin from Derby, New York. Friends and family will never guess it only takes just 15 minutes to make!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk, onion, parsley, garlic
- powder and pepper. Stir in broccoli and potatoes; heat through. Just
- before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 135 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.