Broccoli Cheese Soup
This simple homemade soup gets a head start from canned potato soup and frozen broccoli. People will be surprised to hear that it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare(if you tell them!).Gladys Schuler, Bismarck, North Dakota
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute carrot and onion in butter until carrot is
- tender. Add milk, water, broccoli and pepper; simmer, uncovered, for
- 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally. Add
- soup and cheese; cook over low heat until soup is heated through and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 209 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.