Broccoli Cauliflower Combo
Shallots, basil and broth rev up the taste of this nutritious vegetable medley from Clara Coulston of Washington Court House, Ohio. The bright color and fresh flavors will dress up your plate!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over
- medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender,
- stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 38 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.