Broccoli Cauliflower Bake
"Guests always ask for the recipe whenever I serve these vegetables," confesses Erika Anderson of Wausau, Wisconsin. "And because this dish is so easy to prepare, I have plenty of time to finish up the rest of our dinner."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, broken into small florets
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- Place 1 in. of water in a Dutch oven; add cauliflower and broccoli.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 7 minutes or until
- tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream,
- chilies, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper. Drain vegetables
- well; gently fold in cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss stuffing and
- remaining butter; sprinkle over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 244 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 648 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.