Special enough for company, this colorful side dish is one my mom fixes often for Christmas dinner. The broccoli is baked with a rich creamy sauce...and cheese-flavored cracker crumbs are sprinkled over the top. Yum!
-Cindy Kufeldt, Orlando, Florida
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed cheese-flavored snack crackers
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or just until
- crisp-tender. Drain and place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, cheese and lemon
- juice. Pour over broccoli. Sprinkle with crushed crackers. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 233 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.