Broccoli Beef Braids
This filling sandwich looks fancy but is really simple to make. Each slice is packed with ground beef, broccoli and cheese. Served with a green salad, this beefy sandwich makes a terrific lunch or dinner.Penny Lapp, North Royalton, Ohio
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the
- broccoli, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Unroll one tube of dough on a greased baking sheet; seal the seams
- and perforations, forming a 12x8-in. rectangle. Spread half of beef
- mixture lengthwise down the center. On each side, cut 1-in.-wide
- strips 3 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating
- strips at an angle across filling; seal ends. Repeat.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 loaves (8 servings
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 141 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium,