Broccoli Bacon Quiches
A hint of Swiss cheese plus plenty of bacon and broccoli enhance these cute, fluffy quiches from Charlotte Green of Iota, Louisiana.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash lemon-pepper seasoning
- Divide the broccoli, cheese and bacon between two 5-in. pie plates
- coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream,
- salt, garlic powder and lemon-pepper. Pour over bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 quiche (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and egg substitute) equals 192 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.