Brie with Apricot Topping
Folks will think you fussed over this pretty appetizer, but it took our Test Kitchen only minutes to top a round of smooth and creamy brie with warm sweet apricots. This is one easy appetizer certain to make any occasion “special.”
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 round Brie cheese (8 ounces)
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan, combine the apricots, brown sugar, water,
- vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and
- stir until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in
- Preheat oven to 400°. Remove rind from top of cheese. Place in an
- ungreased ovenproof serving dish. Spread apricot mixture over
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until cheese is softened.
- Serve with crackers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 129 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.