Brie in Puff Pastry
My husband was in the Air Force so we've entertained guests in many parts of the world. I acquired this recipe while in California. It's one of my favorite special appetizers.
Sandra J. Twait, Tampa, Florida
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 1 round (13.2 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Assorted crackers
- Slice Brie horizontally in half. Sprinkle one cut side of Brie with
- blue cheese; top with remaining Brie.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 14-in. square.
- Cut off corners to make a circle. Spread jam to within 1 in. of
- pastry edge; sprinkle with nuts. Place Brie on top; fold pastry over
- the cheese and pinch edges to seal.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush top and
- sides of pastry with egg. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until
- golden brown. Immediately remove from the baking sheet. Let stand
- for 1 hour before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 wedge (calculated without crackers) equals 328 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.