Brie Toasts with Cranberry Compote
Just six ingredients are all I need to create an elegant appetizer perfect for entertaining. The tart cranberry compote pairs well with creamy Brie cheese. —Katherine Watson, Omaha, Nebraska
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min.
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, vinegar, cranberry
- sauce and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened,
- about 12 minutes.
- Brush bottoms of bread with butter; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Top bread
- with Brie. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spoon
- cranberry mixture over cheese, about 1 tablespoon on each. Yield:
- about 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 145 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.