Breakfast in Bread
I enjoy making this delicious bread since it's very easy and a nice change of pace from sweeter breads. It's a "never-fail" treat, and friends always ask for the recipe. The hearty ingredients make it a complete meal in one pan.
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup each shredded Monterey Jack, Swiss and sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Stir in milk. Combine the
- flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture and mix
- well. Stir in bacon, ham and cheese. Pour into a greased 9-in. x
- 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf.
Editor's Note: Bake loaf may be frozen and reheated.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 324 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 192 mg cholesterol, 735 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.