Whenever my family goes camping (which is a lot!), this wonderful filling breakfast really gets the day going. Everyone who's tried this "Anderson Family Special" agrees that it's the best.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) Spam or 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 6 eggs. lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, fry potatoes in oil for 10 minutes. Add green
- pepper, onion and garlic; continue to cook for 25 minutes or until
- potatoes are browned and vegetables are tender. Stir in Spam; heat
- through. Cover and remove from the heat. In another greased skillet,
- combine eggs. salt and pepper. Cook and stir gently until eggs are
- set. Stir into potato mixture. Top with cheese; cover for 3-5
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 409 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 211 mg cholesterol, 935 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.