Burritos for breakfast? Why not! These zesty little handfuls will wake up your taste buds and start your day with a smile. And you can make and freeze them ahead, then just pop them into the microwave for a quick meal.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green or red pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Picante sauce and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add the potatoes, onion and pepper; cook and stir for
- 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with picante
- sauce and sour cream if desired.
- To freeze and reheat burritos: Wrap each burrito in waxed paper and
- foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. To use, remove foil and waxed paper.
- Place one burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 2
- to 2-1/4 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°, turning
- burrito over once. Let stand for 20 seconds. Yield: 12 burritos.